Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and growth.
This position supports the Ankura Risk, Forensics & Compliance Business Group – one of seven practices focused on client delivery services across the Firm.
Ankura’s Dallas Forensics practice provide clients with expertise with Investigations & Accounting Advisory and Litigation, Arbitration, & Disputes, which includes:
- Forensic Accounting and Financial Investigations
- Accounting, Fraud and Independent Fact-Finding Investigations
- Ponzi Schemes, Whistleblower, Embezzlement, and Kickback Matters
- Forensic Accounting and Reconstruction of Books and Records
- Purchase Price Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- International Arbitration
- Damages Analysis
- Expert Services
- Business Valuation Dispute Analysis
An ideal intern candidate should have an interest in forensic accounting, investigations, litigation consulting, as well as other related areas described above. Responsibilities will include applying technical accounting, forensic accounting, and analytical skills to various client situations. As an intern, Ankura will provide the opportunity to experience a variety of projects working collaboratively on small, diverse teams with skilled, intelligent, driven, and successful individuals. Ankura is focused on hiring people that will serve as the foundation of a growing firm dedicated to its people and culture while delivering high quality service to our clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ankura’s 2024 Summer Internship Program has been created to give students an opportunity to learn what life is like as a consultant in our Dallas Forensics practice. As an intern, we will expect you to function like a full time Associate and as such you will become intimately familiar with your clients’ big-picture objectives and challenges, as well as have a thorough understanding of the nuances associated with their financial and accounting books and records. You will work closely with all levels of our professionals – Associates through Senior Managing Director – and gain first-hand experience in consulting and advisory services. You will be responsible for performing accounting-related analyses and conveying your results to internal project leads.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applying accounting, financial, and analytical skills to various client issues, such as, detailed analysis of transactional data, underlying books and records, and financial statements, tracing of flow of funds, calculations of damages in complex disputes, review of revenue recognition procedures, and more
- Assisting with the design and implementation of analyses, investigations, and project specific workplans
- Developing and performing analyses to assess complex fact patterns and preparing reports and schedules summarizing findings for review by senior colleagues and clients
- Documenting and maintaining detailed workpaper records that reflect assumptions, information sources, and methodologies and procedures underlying all analytical tasks
- Ensuring delivery of high-quality work product and deliverables within established timeframes and budgets
- Performing day-to-day client engagement activities, including interaction with internal Ankura team members and other stakeholders involved in the engagement developing productive working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Contributing to the overall success of the firm by participating in pitches, proposals, internal and external networking events, marketing the firm externally to prospective clients, and corporate social responsibility events
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in accounting; finance or other related fields may also be considered with an expected graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025.
- Applicants should have an interest to pursue a CPA license upon graduation and completion of state requirements
DESIRED SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively with colleagues
- Possess strong team-oriented personality characteristics: hard-working, thoughtful, and collaborative, with a positive outlook and confidence
- Possess excellent communication (verbal and written), computer, and organizational skills, and strong quantitative and qualitative analytical, mathematical, and research skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in handling multiple, evolving tasks and/or engagements, and re-prioritized deadlines in an always changing environment
- Highly motivated, eager to learn, willing to travel as needed, and able to motivate others
- Technical accounting, financial, and economic skills, along with familiarity and knowledge of application of SEC rules, regulations, and disclosures
- Understanding of and experience with application and/or research of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“U.S. GAAP”) and/or generally accepting auditing standards (“GAAS”)
- Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications, specifically advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
Ankura is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters, if you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, submit an online application, or participate in an interview/assessment, please email email@example.com or call toll-free +1.312-583-2122. This email and phone number are created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues unrelated to a disability, will not receive a response.