Who we are
Bowery Valuation is one of the leading startups in the emerging world of real estate tech and the only company of its kind in the commercial real estate appraisal space. If you’re looking for a company where you’ll be recognized for your contributions, supported in trying new ways of doing things, and inspired to put in that extra effort or additional hour, then Bowery’s the place for you. We focus on setting clear expectations, holding ourselves to high standards, and giving continuous feedback, so we all get better together.
Bowery Valuation is the world’s first tech-enabled commercial appraisal firm. Our appraisers work hand-in-hand with our tech and product team to continuously add new features and functionality to the Bowery platform. We are also the first-ever venture capital-backed commercial appraisal firm, having raised over $95MM. Powered by big data, advanced technology, and extensive expertise, Bowery is redefining the entire commercial appraisal space.
Inside Bowery, we’re a people-forward company dedicated to providing a productive and inspiring working culture. We are a collection of hard-working and enthusiastic types focused on building great teams to support great work. We balance our dedication to success with a commitment to gratitude, kindness, and a team-first attitude.
Becoming an Associate at Bowery isn’t just about the job, it’s about joining a class of high-achieving peers as you all learn how to become top-producing appraisers. Your development will be primarily hands-on learning, supported by additional classes, internal training, and management support. You’ll be joining an incredible culture built on humility, gratitude, and team-focused hard work. You will be held to high standards and be fully supported to meet them. We ask questions, we constantly improve, and we have a lot of fun!
The day-to-day is focused on completing appraisals, updating clients, collecting and confirming market data, and supporting senior appraisers.
Here at Bowery, we take tremendous pride in developing best-in-class appraisers across the nation. This begins by recruiting and selecting a cohort of promising talent. Once your initial onboarding is complete, you’ll join your team for lots of on-the-job training and coaching as your work to understand the nuances of the various commercial property asset types and geographies that your team focuses on. Before you know it, you’ll be writing your first report (with your manager guiding you along the way), followed by many more!. And with an incredible culture that focuses and gratitude and doing things the right way, many of our associates enjoy a lengthy and rewarding career at Bowery!
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Display an interest in or knowledge of Real Estate, Technology, Finance, or Accounting industries
- Highly effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively with others as well as thrive independently
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Excellent time management and organization skills, including the ability to execute on multiple projects with overlapping timelines
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited Vacation: with a minimum requirement so you feel empowered to take time off to recharge
- $700 stipend to set up a home office
- Yearly $2,000 Learning & Development stipend
- Medical and dental employer-supported coverage
- Access to additional group rate insurance options including Life, STD, LTD, and Accident
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Stock options
- 8 weeks of Parental Leave
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.