Job Code #:
JC-373702, JC-373704, JC-373705
Associate Governmental Program Analyst
ASSOCIATE GOVERNMENTAL PROGRAM ANALYST
$5,518.00 – $6,907.00
STAFF SERVICES ANALYST
$3,534.00 – $5,744.00
Sacramento, San Francisco, or Los Angeles County
Executive Division/Equal Employment Opportunity Office:
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) is one of the most influential regulatory agencies in the United States. For almost 100 years, the CPUC has worked to protect consumers and ensure the provision of safe, reliable utility service and infrastructure at just and reasonable rates, with a commitment to environmental enhancement and a healthy California Economy. The CPUC regulates privately owned electric, natural gas, telecommunications, water, railroad, rail transit, and passenger transportation companies.
Department Website: http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/
Are you looking for an exciting and fast-paced career in a high-energy, team-oriented environment? Are you passionate about providing superb customer service? Would you enjoy leading projects and presenting important analytical information to stakeholders?
If the answer is yes, then this is the ideal position for you! The CPUC’s EEO Office is looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who can be objective and handle sensitive and confidential information while engaging with all levels of staff and management.
Under the direction of the EEO officer, the Associate Governmental Program Analyst (AGPA) develops, analyzes, and modifies a varied set of administrative, analytical, and technical assignments at a high level of independent responsibility for the EEO office.
Prepare and submit a response for each question below. The SOQ should provide specific details and examples that clearly demonstrate how your training, experience, and education qualifies you for the position. Refer to the job description and duties, and duty statement to prepare your response. Applicants who do not submit a completed SOQ and writing that exceeds the page limit will not be considered or scored. All information in the SOQ is subject to verification. The SOQ must be no smaller than 11-point Arial font, single-spaced, and no more than two pages.
Please number your responses in the same order as the questions are listed, (1-3). Do not consolidate your responses.
- Provide an example of a time when you proactively identified and addressed an issue at work.
- Provide an example of a time when you had to think or react quickly in response to a sensitive situation at work.
- Describe your experience and techniques you have employed to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
Employment information on the STD 678 State Application MUST be complete with dates, duties and responsibilities, and contact names and phone numbers of supervisors. Resumes, or referring to resumes, will not be accepted in place of the completed STD 678. Applicants who fail to submit a completed STD 678 will not be considered.
Only the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview.
Apply before: 6/12/2023!
- Current version of the State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678 (when not applying electronically), or the Electronic State Employment Application through your Applicant Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov. All Experience and Education relating to the Minimum Qualifications listed on the Classification Specification should be included to demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Resume is required and must be included.
- Statement of Qualifications – (SOQ) is required. Please see “Special Requirements” for instructions.