The Product Management Team ensures the value of the company’s products are optimized by using appropriate processes to drive market assessments, product portfolio management, product development, and product introductions. The team is responsible for ensuring the coordination and execution of multiple projects and product developments align with the company’s overall business goals.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will be responsible for aiding the Product Management Team in the planning, scheduling and execution of new product development, product enhancements, and general product strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Product Manager in driving strategy and support of the organization’s efforts to identify and evaluate new product opportunities
- Assist the Product Manager with providing direction on development, execution, and monitoring of product roadmaps.
- Assist in the management of new product development from product ideation to launch, coordinating cross-functional teams and key stakeholders
- Understand competitive product offerings, features, benefits, and competitive advantages to assist in the development of product and pricing strategies.
- Work with cross-functional teams including engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, sales, channel marketing, marketing communications, packaging, and finance to ensure set strategic direction and product line activities are coordinated and in with a priority of continuous improvement.
- Assist in the development of a marketing strategy and prioritize the production of marketing materials and sales-support activities for existing and new product needs.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to any project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Engineering, Marketing, Communications or Business.
- 1-2 years of experience in related field
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Must be team player and potential leader with strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid project management skills, with superb attention to detail and an emphasis on structured problem-solving.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to distill complex concepts for a non-technical audience.
- The ability to work nimbly across multiple projects and balance competing priorities. Flexibility to adapt with “Get Stuff Done” attitude.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, exhibiting a high level of personal ownership and accountability.