Responsible for leveraging all available information to drive incremental sales, volume and profitability for the Wholesale Distribution division. Responsible for leading the sales team to obtain data from distributors for analysis. The Equip Program Jr. BI Analyst will provide regular reporting, as well as ad hoc reporting and analysis to support customer specific initiatives.
Essential job functions:
- Extract and analyze company and customer information. Gather submitted data from customers and other data sources and import into Access or similar database. Provide visualization of data by drawing insights from sources such as sales data, volume data, sales objectives and trade data. Maintain data security and confidentiality. Create data models, subscription reporting, and dashboards to accurately depict business results from data by looking for patterns and trends for review and use by senior management, managers, customers, and sales personnel.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis on specific initiatives and investments to determine individual, customer and organizational performance against stated objectives. Analyze results by tracking sales, categorizing data, preparing summaries of sales volume and percentages of market and compare to equipment deployment and utilization. Identify trends and gaps by category and makes recommendations to sales team on strategies.
- Communicate with sales team and customers to ensure we are receiving distributor sales data.
- Based on analysis and company strategy, creates trend presentations for senior management, sales team, and customers and participate in sales presentations with company sales leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent analytical skills including descriptive analysis and critical thinking with an eye for detail.
- Conscientious work habits and strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be very comfortable calling both internal and external customers and remain professional but assertive as needed. Ability to influence internally and externally.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of finance.
- Proficient skill with personal computer and job-related software packages including MS Office especially hands on experience with Microsoft Access and Power BI. Ability to create, organize and manipulate databases and other business intelligence tools using Power BI.
- Ability to build compelling presentations and deliver them internally and externally.
- Statistical analysis and /or advanced spreadsheet modeling.
- Good understanding of coding languages or a willingness to learn.
- Skilled in creating reports and dashboards.
- Ability to master a thorough understanding of the company and its customer business processes.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines.
Education and Experience Required: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Analytics, Information Systems, Management, or General Business.
- College curriculum should include several of the following (the best qualified candidates will have had all of these classes):
- Building dashboards in Power BI to display business results
- Principles of predictive modeling
- Business analytics, finance analytics, operations analytics, marketing analytics
- Management reporting and presentations with data
- Probability statistics and inference
- Quantitative results in business
- Public speaking
- Specific program experience should include Microsoft Access and Microsoft Power BI
- Prior work experience in data preparation and visualization a plus