Who we are:
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream, do, and grow! These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and challenge what’s possible with us.
An important part of the Toyota family is Toyota Financial Services (TFS), the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in North America. While TFS is a separate business entity, it is an essential part of this world-changing company – delivering on Toyota’s vision to move people beyond what’s possible. At TFS, you will help create best-in-class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative environment.
Who we are looking for:
Toyota Financial Services (TFS) Data & Analytics (DnA) team is looking for a highly motivated, driven graduate students with an interest in technology, data governance, financial services, and the automotive industry to fill internship roles in our Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team.
The Data Management Internship Program is designed to provide a combination of on-the-job experience, networking, and mentorship, which are critical components for personal and professional growth. As a Data Management Intern, you will spend approximately 12 weeks at our Toyota Headquarters in Plano, TX gaining relevant work experience with a globally respected company. The program will run from June – August 2023. Strong performers are often given the opportunity to return for future internships and interview for full-time positions.
What you’ll be doing:
Through this internship, you will manage master data and metadata, perform key data governance and stewardship functions, and help to ensure that critical data elements have appropriately identified data quality rules and lineage.
- Work with Data Steward to review enterprise data assets to define attributes, identify and classify Critical Data Elements
- Profile data assets and define proactive and reactive Data Quality rules
- Identify and oversee any data quality issues, maintain issue repository and assist in resolution
- Perform audits to make sure data governance processes and policies are followed diligently and identify data related process improvement opportunities
- Perform audits to make sure data adheres to compliance regulations
- Support efforts to build metadata repositories, business glossary, data lineage, and training materials
- Attend and participate (where appropriate) in various team meetings, project planning sessions and prioritization sessions
- Pair with Master Data Management (MDM) team to understand the landscape and processes
- Work with MDM team to cleanse and process data using MDM tools
- Build new dashboards and flow diagrams for broader audience
- Work closely with the other members of the Master Data Management team to ensure that data integrity issues are resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
- Design, develop and deliver Data Profile, Data Quality rules, collect metadata and support build lineage
- Review dashboards and provide reporting or metrics to support EDM functions
What you bring:
- Undergraduate and/or Master’s degree: Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Data Management, Data Governance or other relevant disciplines with a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher.
- Good understanding of enterprise databases like Snowflake, Oracle, etc.
- Hands on experience with Data Management Platforms such as Informatica IDQ, EDC, Axon, etc.) is a plus
- Understanding of Data Governance and Stewardship concepts
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box with a passion to learn and grow
- Ability to present analysis results and make recommendations to leadership
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.